geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Hernan Cunico <hcun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Policy for granting write access to our Wiki
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2008 18:36:36 GMT
Erik B. Craig wrote:
> I agree that we definitely need to address IP issues around
> documentation/the wiki... but isn't there any way to accomplish this
> without adding barriers to users editing content?
> Can we do something like wikipedia does for editing content where there
> is a checkbox or a notice or something saying
> "You agree to license your contributions under the Apache Software
> License" (similar to how JIRA is currently)

We mention on the wiki front page, see second paragraph on http://cwiki.apache.org/geronimo

"...Contributions to this wiki are managed the same way as code contributions, that means
all content on this site (see Geronimo cwiki documentation architecture for a list of conforming
spaces) is Apache Software Foundation copyrighted and available under the Apache License..."

In addition, every single page autoexported as HTML (the version we should all consume) has
the following footer "Copyright © 2003-2008, The Apache Software Foundation"

But I also understand we want something more than just a disclaimer, some additional step
requiring a specific user action. An ICLA would do the trick, file it once and is good for
all your contributions.  The process for filing it and getting the appropriate access rights
is the tricky one.

Cheers!
Hernan