geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Spec xsds and dtds
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2008 13:23:07 GMT
David Jencks wrote:
> Latest thinking on the sun xsd/dtd question on legal discuss is that our
> retyped versions are not as acceptable as the cddl ones sun has come up
> with.  It would be a good idea to move to using the cddl versions for
> 2.1.1.
>
> We should copy the schema project out of tck after putting the cddl
> versions in.  I guess this could go in components.
>
> We may need to re-release the servlet spec and possibly others that
> contain sun xsd or dtd files.
>
> thanks
> david jencks

I'd like to keep up with legal on the right thing  ...  but I'd also
like to see us release 2.1.1 sometime and it seems like there is always
something new to include.  Has legal said that we can no longer deliver
our retyped versions?

Here is a proposal (assuming legal isn't said that we cannot release G
leveraging our already released retyped xsds/dtds):
- We work to get the cddl sun xsds/dtds included in new versions of our
specs, release them, and leverage them in trunk.
- If the work on openejb, activemq, and yoko are finished for 2.1.1
before we get the sun xsds/dtds included in our releases and working in
in trunk then we would release 2.1.1 as is.
- However, if we get the updated specs released with the cddl xsds/dtds
and trunk working successfully with these prior to our other 2.1.1
issues being resolve, then we would look to integrate the spec changes
into 2.1.1.

Does that sound like it would work?

Joe