geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Policy for granting write access to our Wiki
Date Fri, 18 Apr 2008 21:41:03 GMT
It's already ASF policy that an ICLA be on file for anyone to get
write access to a confluence space used for official documentation or
a website (plain "wiki" usage is exempt).  Updated a good 40~ cwiki
spaces to use the asf-cla group instead of confluence-users, including
ours, a couple weeks ago after some abuse so we're compliant with the
minimum policy.

Some groups, like the Incubator, are talking that you need to be a
committer to get write access -- not just have a CLA on file.  I'm not
sure I see the need for raising the bar that high.  I like the idea of
the check box as an alternate to having a CLA on file, assuming this
is kosher with infra.

-David