geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Vamsavardhana Reddy" <c1vams...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Release Geronimo Eclipse Plugin 2.1.0 (RC1)
Date Sat, 26 Apr 2008 06:52:16 GMT
Hi Tim,

On Sat, Apr 26, 2008 at 11:31 AM, Tim McConnell <tim.mcconne@gmail.com>
wrote:

> HI Vamsi, As per the release process for the GEP (
> http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxPMGT/release-eclipse-plugin-process.html) the
> staging site that I've created can be used to emulate the various eclipse
> update sites where the server runtimes and the GEP can be downloaded. As it
> is now though, the st.v21.core plugin of the GEP on the staging site will
> point back to the same staging site for downloading the runtimes, and only
> that staging site. The "absolute urls" as you call them will get
> resolved/updated when the GEP is released and pushed out to the official
> Eclipse update sites.

Is there a way to detect in the plugin whether it is installed from an
update site or by unzipping the deployable.zip?  If so, in the later case,
can the "absolute urls" be used as default values to look for runtimes?

You can still unzip the 2.1.0-deployable.zip file if you wish, but you still
> must add the staging site as a remote update site for the plugin to find the
> server runtimes.

With manual installation of plugin (i.e. by extracting
2.1.0-deployable.zip), I was unable to use the "Download and Install"
feature even after adding the staging site
http://people.apache.org/~mcconne/releases/2.1.0/RC1/staging_site/ as remote
update site.

> Sorry for the confusion, and I can update the instructions if they need
> clarification. Hope this helps.

++Vamsi