+1
david jencks

On Mar 6, 2008, at 10:45 PM, David Jencks wrote:

Hi,

The main change in this version (2nd try at 1.4) of genesis is a change in the release plugin configuration that uses the default tagBase in release profiles in projects that inherit from the project-config pom.  It is also possible to override tagBase but this should not be necessary as we adhere to standard svn layout. There are also some plugin version upgrades.

The new root pom includes a release profile that sets up the standard javadoc, source and gpg plugins and uses the default tagBase location.

This sets us up for using the release process also now under vote described at http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GMOxPMGT/Proposed+%28updated%29+release+process

The only Jira I know about is https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-3895

Staging repo:
http://people.apache.org/~djencks/staging-repo/org/apache/geronimo/genesis
site staging:
http://people.apache.org/~djencks/staging-site/maven/genesis/1.4/

The site was generated by modifying the pom to:

    <distributionManagement>
        <site>
            <id>geronimo-website</id>
            <url>scp://people.apache.org/x1/home/djencks/public_html/staging-site/maven/genesis/${version}</url>
        </site>
    </distributionManagement>

adding a geronimo-website server to my settings.xml and running  mvn site:deploy -Pdefault.  I spent a couple hours trying to stage the site but didn't succeed.  I think this is because I didn't include -Pdefault.

Vote open for 72 hours.

[ ] +1
[ ] +0
[ ] -1