On Mar 2, 2008, at 1:08 PM, Kevan Miller wrote:

On Mar 1, 2008, at 4:26 AM, David Jencks wrote:

We've previously discussed and I think agreed that the documented release process is seriously out of date with the current capabilities of maven.

I'm proposing we update the documented release process to rely primarily on the maven-release-plugin.

I've written this up here:

The current official documentation is here:

As noted in another email I think I've solved the "wrong tags location" problem by modifying genesis and including a release profile.

Please take a look and propose updates.   I'll call a vote on this shortly.

What are the steps to be taken if a Release vote fails (e.g. a problem is found and needs to be fixed)?

The release plugin has a release:rollback goal that looks like it's supposed to undo the svn activity from a release:perform.  If this goal doesn't work then undoing the tag is just reversing a couple svn commits.

BTW the maven-release-plugin is also supposed to be able to create branches.

thanks
david jencks

--kevan