On Mar 7, 2008, at 1:25 AM, Jason Dillon wrote:

On Mar 7, 2008, at 1:45 PM, David Jencks wrote:
The main change in this version (2nd try at 1.4) of genesis is a change in the release plugin configuration that uses the default tagBase in release profiles in projects that inherit from the project-config pom.  It is also possible to override tagBase but this should not be necessary as we adhere to standard svn layout. There are also some plugin version upgrades.

The new root pom includes a release profile that sets up the standard javadoc, source and gpg plugins and uses the default tagBase location.

This sets us up for using the release process also now under vote described at http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GMOxPMGT/Proposed+%28updated%29+release+process

Can we nuke the bits in there related to tagBase now?

Could you be more specific?  I changed the wiki doc to point out that configuring tagBase should not be necessary and the only reference to tagBase in genesis is some commented out stuff I forgot to delete.

thanks
david jencks

--jason