geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: Geronimo web site .htaccess
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2008 15:16:54 GMT
On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 11:09 AM, Hernan Cunico <hcunico@gmail.com> wrote:
> I just realized I fat fingered the command and the /redirects/.htaccess is still there
so anyway, not sure if this is a valid location. None of these rules (for this file) seem
to work.

They will only work for requests under http://geronimo.apache.org/redirects/
>From inspection, that seems to be what was intended with these rules,
although the whole concept is a little silly.

>  RewriteRule ^wiki$ http://cwiki.apache.org/geronimo does not seem to work. The other
rule for faq.html doesn't work either, did I forget to type anything for these rules?

I don't see a rule for faq.html outside the redirects directory.

As to why wiki isn't working, it seems to be conflicting with the
presence of a wiki.html file in the docroot. I don't know why that is
having an effect. Removing the html file makes the redirect work. But
I strongly suggest using just:
Redirect /wiki http://cwiki.apache.org/geronimo
instead of the more-complex Rewriterule.

Joshua.