geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Hibernate transaction manager lookup
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2008 23:15:26 GMT

On Mar 25, 2008, at 3:39 PM, Jonas Andersen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Having played around with Geronimo 2.0.2, Spring and Hibernate a
> bit for the last couple of days, I have attached a transaction
> manager lookup for Geronimo to the Hibernate JIRA HHH-1368 ( http://
> opensource.atlassian.com/projects/hibernate/browse/HHH-1368 ).
>
> Considering how simple this class is, for how long that JIRA has
> been open, and how little information I have been able to find on
> using Hibernate with Geronimo, I'm curious as to whether I'm
> missing something critical?
>
> Anyone have any comments on using Hibernate with the "java:comp/
> UserTransaction" and "java:/TransactionManager"? I should warn,
> that I have only been doing a bit of testing, doing simple select
> and insert (through a Hibernate Session of course) in an EBJ3 SLSB
> with CMT.

I've been wondering for a while why this should be necessary.... are
you using Hibernate as a jpa provider or using the non-standard
interfaces?  I would expect no such adapter should be necessary using
Hibernate as a jpa provider.  If you are using the non-standard
interfaces I'm curious what they provide that isn't available through
jpa.

thanks
david jencks