geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Indent 2 spaces in xml and vm files to match more common usage, especially maven.
Date Thu, 13 Mar 2008 13:17:50 GMT

On Mar 12, 2008, at 7:34 PM, David Jencks wrote:

> IIUC we have a coding standard of a 4 space indent for all files
> (documented at http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDEV/coding-
> standards.html).  This can make working with maven difficult because
> its files and xml output generatiion use 2 space indent for xml
> and .vm files.
>
> I think we could make life a lot easier when using maven tooling to
> use a 2 space indent for xml and .vm and possibly other files.  At
> least with IDEA its easy to have different indents for java and xml
> files.
>
> Comments?

K. So, you're proposing that either 2 or 4 space indent is acceptable
for xml and .vm files? Or are you proposing that we'll update the
indent in all existing files to be 2 space?

Is this what you're proposing?

"Either 2 or 4 space indent may be used for .xml and .vm files. 2-
space indenting is preferred because that is the style generated by
maven. When editing an existing file, either follow the convention
already used in that file or convert it to use 2-space indent"

--kevan