geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ 4.1.2? 4.2? ActiveIO 3.1? releases
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2008 06:05:25 GMT

On Mar 25, 2008, at 10:50 PM, Jason Dillon wrote:

> When is G gonna upgrade to AMQ 5?

Probably 2.2.  The main obstacle is that we are still trying to use
gbeans to assemble the activemq broker.  This is pretty
unsatisfactory.  However using the spring xml assembly has 2 problems:
- pulls in spring (not a biggie)
- kill the jms console support.  In fact AFAIK its pretty hard to
write out a spring xml file after you've modified the components...

So if we ditched the jms console we could probably do it in a day or
two.... however I don't have a clear idea how to have a console that
deals with a spring based config.  Maybe some of dains jaxb magic
will provide a solution soon.

We might be able to have a console-free activemq 5 plugin for 2.1.1
if someone wants to take a few minutes and set it up.

thanks
david jencks