geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: G2.1/SjAS'04 issue: OPENEJB-700
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2008 07:11:09 GMT

On Mar 1, 2008, at 8:31 PM, Vasily Zakharov wrote:

>> I have no idea what's going on with it.  It really ticks me off as
>> that's the kind of feature you should have to enable in a parser not
>> disable.
>
> Is it? I thought the engine should first check if the necessary scheme
> is present locally and only try download if no local copy is present.
> Isnt't it true?
>
> Shouldn't we reopen OPENEJB-700 anyway?

Vasily,
I just tested using Daytrader. I turned off wireless and unplugged
ethernet. I was able to deploy without a problem. I wonder if this
problem could be specific to Windows?

>> If you have some time to debug, the
>> JaxbJavaee.NamespaceFilter.resolveEntity(...) method should be the
>> one
>> stopping things from downloading.
>
> Ok, I'll check that, thanks.
>
> Vasily
>

> On Sun, Mar 2, 2008 at 12:56 AM, David Blevins
> <david.blevins@visi.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Feb 29, 2008, at 8:36 AM, Vasily Zakharov wrote:
>>
>>> Hi, all,
>>>
>>> I'm once again trying to couple SPECjAppServer2004 with Geronimo,
>>> now
>>> version 2.1, and one of the problems I observe is:
>>>
>>> Issue OPENEJB-700 that is now closed as it was fixed in OpenEJB
>>> v3.0b2
>>> that is used in G2.1, seems to be still actual for some reason. On
>>> G2.1 I still can't deploy SjAS unless the internet connection is
>>> present and proxy properly configured. The following error is
>>> shown by
>>> the Deployer:
>>>
>>> Error: Unable to distribute SPECjAppServer.ear:
>>> org.apache.openejb.OpenEJBException: Cannot read the ejb-jar.xml
>>> file:
>>> jar:file:/C:/Temp/geronimo-deploymentUtil48973.jar!/META-INF/ejb-
>>> jar.xml:
>>> Connection timed out: connect

Could you provide the entire stack trace?

--kevan