geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject [VOTE] genesis 1.4 take 2
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2008 06:45:40 GMT
Hi,

The main change in this version (2nd try at 1.4) of genesis is a
change in the release plugin configuration that uses the default
tagBase in release profiles in projects that inherit from the project-
config pom.  It is also possible to override tagBase but this should
not be necessary as we adhere to standard svn layout. There are also
some plugin version upgrades.

The new root pom includes a release profile that sets up the standard
javadoc, source and gpg plugins and uses the default tagBase location.

This sets us up for using the release process also now under vote
described at http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GMOxPMGT/
Proposed+%28updated%29+release+process

The only Jira I know about is https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/
GERONIMO-3895

Staging repo:
http://people.apache.org/~djencks/staging-repo/org/apache/geronimo/
genesis
site staging:
http://people.apache.org/~djencks/staging-site/maven/genesis/1.4/

The site was generated by modifying the pom to:

     <distributionManagement>
         <site>
             <id>geronimo-website</id>
             <url>scp://people.apache.org/x1/home/djencks/public_html/
staging-site/maven/genesis/${version}</url>
         </site>
     </distributionManagement>

adding a geronimo-website server to my settings.xml and running  mvn
site:deploy -Pdefault.  I spent a couple hours trying to stage the
site but didn't succeed.  I think this is because I didn't include -
Pdefault.

Vote open for 72 hours.

[ ] +1
[ ] +0