geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject [VOTE] release specs-parent 1.5 and geronimo-servlet_2.5_spec-1.2
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2008 23:03:17 GMT
Hi,

(dependent on genesis 1.4 take 5 release vote passing).

A user recently reported a bug in the servlet spec jar, see https://
issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-3896

Tomcat has accepted the proposed fix in their trunk.

While working to upgrade to genesis-1.4 and thus release a new specs
"parent" I realized the current layout was confusing during release.

The changes in this release:

update to use genesis-1.4 (thus this vote is dependent on the current
genesis 1.4 vote passing)
GERONIMO-3908 reorganize the specs layout so the "parent" pom is in a
different directory, specs-parent, so tagging does not copy the
entire set of specs that happen to be in trunk at that moment.
GERONIMO-3896 make HEAD forward/include requests work.

Also I am moving the spec release numbering back to what I consider
more sensible, namely x.y rather than x.y.z where the need for z or
not is entirely up to the releaser.

specs-parent:
Staging repo:
http://people.apache.org/~djencks/staging-repo/specs/