geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From yunfeng ma <yunfen...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: [Discuss] Model for deployment plans in GEP - Move from EMF to XMLBeans or JAXB?
Date Fri, 14 Mar 2008 10:54:12 GMT

Cool, great news ...  :)

I'm trying to replace EMF using JAXB and got some issues need your help.

1. Some elements in the deployment plan can not be unmarshalled, such as
gbeans in geronimo-web.xml. I'm not sure if it's because
geronimo-web-2.0.1.xsd only includes an abstract element "service" which
is the parent of "gbean".

2. Now the schema files are compiled to generate the model classes
during every GEP building. I think the better way is generating the java
source codes offline and importing the source codes to svn directly,
this provides us a chance to customize the generated source codes (like
the way in OpenEJB).

3. The deployment plan saved by JAXB after modification is unformatted,
only contents are in one line. We need save the deployment plan with
well format.

4. More elegant way to operate the POJOs generate by JAXB. JAXB uses
POJO to represent the element in XML, so how to create a new instance of
an element (JAX

B way is too fussy), how to set/get the properties of an element via
property name (JAXB doesn't provide any way for this), how to get the
parent instance of an element (JAXB doesn't provide any way for this) etc.

Any advice for the above issues?

Thanks a lot.

-- YunFeng Ma

Shiva Kumar H R wrote:

EMF plug-ins are now redundant and have been deleted
(GERONIMODEVTOOLS-294). This led to a lot of GEP dependencies going
redundant (GERONIMODEVTOOLS-295) and those have also been deleted.
(Please see the JIRA comments for detailed information)

GEP has become Surprisingly Thinner - Just 5.4MB!! (down from 12.6MB -
nearly 55% reduction in weight). She is becoming more & more
attractive each day  ;)

--
Thanks,

Shiva