geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Gianny Damour <gianny.dam...@optusnet.com.au>
Subject Re: Geronimo Tomcat 2.1 clustering - application deployment problems
Date Wed, 19 Mar 2008 11:20:29 GMT
Hello Vamsi,

I verified on G Jetty 2.1 with Safari... Based on your previous
problem description (black boxes instead of numbered ones), I
inferred that somehow your browser was not propagating a session
cookie to the server. So, I decided to give a shot with FireFox and
interestingly I was able to identify the problem. In the standard DD,
the demo application used to declare this:

   <context-param>
     <param-name>org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionPath</param-name>
     <param-value>/wadi</param-value>
   </context-param>

This instructs Jetty to set the session cookie path to /wadi. As the
demo application is deployed to /wadi-webapp, your browser or FireFox
do not send to the server the cookies for the path /wadi; hence, the
problem.

So, I dropped the above xml fragment from the DD, tested with FireFox
and deployed another snapshot: http://
snapshots.repository.codehaus.org/org/codehaus/wadi/wadi-webapp/2.0-
SNAPSHOT/wadi-webapp-2.0-20080319.110523-12.war

Thanks for giving it a try and your patience.

Thanks,
Gianny