geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Proposed release process
Date Sun, 02 Mar 2008 23:27:47 GMT

On Mar 2, 2008, at 1:08 PM, Kevan Miller wrote:

> On Mar 1, 2008, at 4:26 AM, David Jencks wrote:
>
>> We've previously discussed and I think agreed that the documented
>> release process is seriously out of date with the current
>> capabilities of maven.
>>
>> I'm proposing we update the documented release process to rely
>> primarily on the maven-release-plugin.
>>
>> I've written this up here:
>>
>> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GMOxPMGT/Proposed+%
>> 28updated%29+release+process
>>
>> The current official documentation is here:
>> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GMOxPMGT/Release
>> +Branching+Process
>>
>> As noted in another email I think I've solved the "wrong tags
>> location" problem by modifying genesis and including a release
>> profile.
>>
>> Please take a look and propose updates.   I'll call a vote on this
>> shortly.
>
> What are the steps to be taken if a Release vote fails (e.g. a
> problem is found and needs to be fixed)?

The release plugin has a release:rollback goal that looks like it's
supposed to undo the svn activity from a release:perform.  If this
goal doesn't work then undoing the tag is just reversing a couple svn
commits.

BTW the maven-release-plugin is also supposed to be able to create
branches.

thanks
david jencks