geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo 2.x slow in rendering jsp
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2008 16:21:21 GMT

On Mar 4, 2008, at 10:07 AM, Matt Hogstrom wrote:

> Cynthia, is this any JSP?  On our benchmark app we don't see the
> long times your referring to but then again I wouldn't say it is
> blistering fast either.  What kind of system are you running on?
> (Frequency, processor type, etc.)

It sounds like the problem is on the initial rendering of the JSP. I
assume that we've measured the performance of multiple hits to a JSP,
not the performance characteristics of the *first* hit to a JSP.

Cynthia,
Your GERONIMO_OPTS are a bit redundant (e.g. MaxPermSize). How large
is your JSP? If you can share an app that displays the behavior you
describe, I'm pretty sre someone would be able to take a look.

--kevan