geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jason Warner" <jaw...@gmail.com>
Subject Gshell fails to launch on trunk
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2008 19:37:37 GMT
I checked out the latest trunk and tried to launch gshell, but found that it
failed due to an error in plexus.  The problem seems to be caused by the
recent update to using mina 1.1.5.  The 1.0-alpha-1 version of gshell that
is being used is telling plexus to look for version 1.1.2 of mina-core.
When it doesn't find it, it blows up and the console isn't launched.  This
can be fixed by changing the version of mina that it is searching for in the
gsh-classworlds.conf file in the etc directory.  What would be the proper
fix for this?  1.0-alpha-1 is the latest tag.  It looks like trunk was
recently updated to use mina-1.1.6.  I imagine we'd have the same problem
using a snapshot build of trunk given that there's a version difference.  Is
there another way to fix this problem or do we need to move gshell trunk
over to 1.1.5 and then include the snapshot build in geronimo trunk?

Thanks,

--
~Jason Warner