geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jason Warner" <jaw...@gmail.com>
Subject Old Gshell sample causing issues with setting Java Memory options
Date Mon, 10 Mar 2008 17:36:05 GMT
I've been getting strange errors when trying to change the amount of memory
available to my instance of geronimo that I have launched through gshell.
After some digging, I found that what I believe is an old sample that was
left in the etc/rc.d/ directory (start-server,default.groovy) is setting the
max heap size to 512m.  This causes issues as it overrides whatever the user
provides on the command line.  Meaning if I try to issue the command
"geronimo/start-server -J -Xmx1024m -J -Xms1024m" I would get an
incompatible initial and maximum heap size error because the rc.d file is
overwriting my command options and setting maximum heap size to 512m.  I
fixed this by deleting the file in the rc.d directory.  Does anyone know
where this file comes from?  I assume it gets added in somehow during build
time.  I'll have to look and see if I can find where.  In the meantime, I'll
open an issue for this.

--
~Jason Warner