geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Geronimo 2.1.1 release
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2008 16:03:47 GMT

On Mar 11, 2008, at 8:53 AM, Joe Bohn wrote:

> I think it's about time we got a 2.1.1 release out.  The main
> motivation is to deliver a fix for the PortletSecurityException
> when using https on the admin console (https://issues.apache.org/
> jira/browse/GERONIMO-3855). but there are a lot of other fixes that
> have been integrated as well.
>
> The TCK looked good with a recent run ... so I think that should
> not be an issue.
>
> As far as snapshots go, it looks like we're now pulling in a
> snapshot for javamail that we would need to resolve (geronimo-
> javamail_1.4_mail-1.4-SNAPSHOT.jar).  I think that's the only one.
>
> Are there any other changes/fixes that we should be looking to
> include prior to a release?
>
> I am willing to get my feet wet as the release manager unless
> somebody else wants to pick it up.

There are a couple things I want to backport from trunk
- archetypes
- log4j app config gbean (would be good to find out if it works)
- ?

Also it would be great to use the genesis 1.4 if it ever gets
released.  On the other hand this might be too big a change.... we'll
have to experiment.

thanks
david jencks