geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jarek Gawor" <jga...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: GERONIMO-3876: Allow configuring JMX over SSL
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2008 16:31:36 GMT
Vamsi,

Two things on this:

1) I think it is important to make sure that all command line tools,
gshell, (or anything that uses JMX) still (seamlessly) works once SSL
is enabled on the JMX port.

2) Also, I do think that we should have a separate SSL-enabled JMX
port (even though there might not be a standard one defined). Using
the same port with and without SSL will just create problems for users
and admins that have to manage multiple G servers and they will never
know if the port is secure or not.

Jarek