geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jarek Gawor" <>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Geronimo 2.1 samples - zip files
Date Mon, 17 Mar 2008 16:21:34 GMT
On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 4:15 PM, Joe Bohn <> wrote:
> Donald Woods wrote:
>  > User wouldn't have to build anything if each sample was a plug-in....
>  That would be true if the value in a sample just in running it.
>  However, I think most users want to dig into the source, make minor
>  changes and tweak it as a way to jump start their own development.
>  Sometime they are more interested in looking at the geronimo deployment
>  plans and experimenting with different deploy options.  For those types
>  of activities, they would need more than just a plugin ... they would
>  need the source, build poms, ears/wars, deployment plans, etc....

I agree with Joe. Maybe we should agree/decide on who is the target
audience of these samples. For example, if average developers is the
target audience then they should be able to use svn/cvs and therefore
there should be no need for these zip files. However, if we expect the
target audience not to know how to use svn then I guess we would need
to provide those zip files. But if we do provide them, we must make it
so it is extremely easy to (re)generate them.

View raw message