geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] genesis 1.4 take 3 (cancelled)
Date Mon, 10 Mar 2008 06:22:05 GMT

On Mar 9, 2008, at 10:50 PM, David Jencks wrote:

> We'll get to take 5 yet!
>
> Problems identified so far:
>
> - version of legal-bundle needs to be fixed not variable in project-
> config/pom
fixed, although I'm not sure what releasing will do.
> - tools plugin verifier is looking for LICENSE.txt and NOTICE.txt
> but we are supplying LICENSE and NOTICE
See below.
> - velocity complaints noted by jdillon
fixed
> - in the generated website there are no parent links.  On the other
> hand I can't find them in any other maven generated website either
> so it might not be our fault.
Anyone have a clue?  I don't and don't want to spend more time on this.

> I'm also thinking of including the rat plugin and wondering if we
> need the legal verifier as well?  I don't think rat produces
> failures but does do more extensive checks.
added for manual runs.  Rat does fail the build but I don't think it
checks inside jars and it doesn't know about a lot of the generated
files.  I don't know if it can be taught.

What I'm not sure about is how to deal with the name change in
default license/notice files.  One solution is to change the
hardcoded default values in the plugin.  I'd like to do this unless
someone (jdillon?) objects.  Another is to change the generated file
names.  I'd rather not do this as it takes us farther from the maven
"standard" for no good reason I can see.  We could also override the
defaults in either project-config or each individual top-level child
project.

Preferences anyone?

thanks
david jencks