geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Geronimo 2.1.1 status
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2008 20:35:07 GMT
We're still not yet ready to branch for a Geronimo 2.1.1 release (but
hopefully soon).

Here are the main issues that we must resolve:
- OpenEJB 3.0 - Some TCK issues are being worked and we will hopefully
have a new candidate release in a few days.  David Blevins is driving
this.
- ActiveMQ 4.2 - David Jencks is driving this. Requires releasing
ActiveIO as well and some changes to be able to release with Java 4
instead of Java 5.
- Javamail 1.4  - This is currently up for vote.
Some JIRAs that we identified as "must have" for 2.1.1:
- GERONIMO-3354 - requires the OpenEJB and ActiveMQ releases.
- GERONIMO-3781 - Joe Leong is working on it.
- GERONIMO-3837 - Vamsi is waiting on Hernan for a doc location

I think that is all of the "must have" items before we can branch.

We're maintaining the status here:
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxPMGT/geronimo-211-release-work-items-status.html

Please exercise extreme caution with any other changes into branches/2.1
  until we can create a 2.1.1 branch.

I'm soon going to start whittling down the optional JIRAs marked for 2.1.1.

Thanks,
Joe