geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Sebastien Delfino <jsdelf...@apache.org>
Subject Corbaname of an EJB3 session bean
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2008 17:00:26 GMT
Given the following EJB3 session bean, deployed to Geronimo v2.1:

@Stateless(name="MyCatalogEJB")
public class MyCatalogEJBImpl implements CatalogEJB {
}

Having been able to lookup that EJB from a J2SE client as follows:

properties.setProperty(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY,
   "org.apache.openejb.client.RemoteInitialContextFactory");
properties.setProperty(Context.PROVIDER_URL,
   "ejbd://localhost:4201");

InitialContext context = new InitialContext(properties);

CatalogEJB catalog = (CatalogEJB)
   context.lookup("java:CatalogEJBRemote");

I would like to look it up using CosNaming, something like that:

InitialContext context = new InitialContext();
CatalogEJB catalog = (CatalogEJB)
   context.lookup("corbaname:iiop:1.2@localhost:1050#CatalogEJBRemote");

but whatever name I try I always get the same exception:

Exception in thread "main" javax.naming.NameNotFoundException [Root
exception is org.omg.CosNaming.NamingContextPackage.NotFound:
IDL:omg.org/CosNaming/NamingContext/NotFound:1.0]
	at
com.sun.jndi.cosnaming.ExceptionMapper.mapException(ExceptionMapper.java:44)
	at com.sun.jndi.cosnaming.CNCtx.callResolve(CNCtx.java:484)
	at com.sun.jndi.cosnaming.CNCtx.lookup(CNCtx.java:523)
	at
com.sun.jndi.toolkit.url.GenericURLContext.lookup(GenericURLContext.java:185)
	at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:392)
	at client.Client.main(Client.java:24)
Caused by: org.omg.CosNaming.NamingContextPackage.NotFound:
IDL:omg.org/CosNaming/NamingContext/NotFound:1.0
	at
org.omg.CosNaming.NamingContextPackage.NotFoundHelper.read(NotFoundHelper.java:72)
	at
org.omg.CosNaming._NamingContextStub.resolve(_NamingContextStub.java:251)
	at com.sun.jndi.cosnaming.CNCtx.callResolve(CNCtx.java:470)
	... 4 more

Any idea of what I'm missing? Thanks.
--
Jean-Sebastien