geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject [VOTE] Release javamail spec jar (1.3) + javamail provider jars (1.4)
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2008 16:11:07 GMT

New releases of the javamail spec and javamail provider jars are
necessary for a Geronimo 2.1.1 release.  We're voting on these collectively.

1)  Release 1.3 of the javamail 1.4 spec API.  The artifact in question
is geronimo-javamail_1.4_spec-1.3.  This jar includes two bug fixes,
GERONIMO-3842 and GERONIMO-3853.  The release archive is located here:

Staging repo:
http://people.apache.org/~jbohn/staging-repo/specs/

Staging site:
http://people.apache.org/~jbohn/staging-site/specs/

2)  Release 1.4 of the javamail 1.4 mail package.  This package includes
bug fixes for, and upgrade to genesis 1.4 (for the release process).
Changes include picking up the new javamail spec, additional changes for
GERONIMO-3842, and updating to Genesis 1.4 to facilitate the release
process for this and future releases.

This package has a top level pom and two child artifacts:

top level pom:       geronimo-javamail_1.4-1.4
javamail provider:   geronimo_javamail_1.4_provider-1.4.jar
javamail mail:       geronimo_javamail_1.4_mail-1.4.jar

The geronimo_javamail_1.4_mail-1.4 artifact is the uber-jar containing
the merged spec and provider class files.

Staging repo:
http://people.apache.org/~jbohn/staging-repo/javamail/

These artifacts created using the maven-release-plugin

The tag locations are:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/specs/tags/geronimo-javamail_1.4_spec-1.3
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/javamail/tags/geronimo-javamail_1.4-1.4/

I have yet to test these changes in the Geronimo server with the tck
tests but will do that now, concurrent to the vote.  I'll hold my vote
until I confirm there are no tck implications.

Vote open for 72 hours.

[ ] +1
[ ] +0
[ ] -1