geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ 4.1.2? 4.2? ActiveIO 3.1? releases
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2008 01:58:18 GMT
David Jencks wrote:
> Geronimo is still using ActiveMQ 4 and I've applied patches for or fixed
> a few bugs that are fairly important for getting MDBS working reliably
> and fixing other problems.  So, I'd like to get a release out of the 4.x
> branch for the upcoming Geronimo 2.1.1 release.

I agree ... it would be great to get those included in 2.1.1.

> I've looked through the jiras for 4.x and applied the patches for ones
> that I had a clue about.  If anyone else wants something fixed in 4.x
> please speak up.
>
> ActiveIO trunk has a fix that we'd like (don't put non-strings in system
> properties) so I'd like to release ActiveIO 3.1 also.  Since that
> requires java 5 I'd like to update activemq 4 to use java 5 also (I've
> tried and this is easy to do).  What's the community feeling on this?
> Is this a real no-no?  Would it be better to have the version 4.2 and
> preserve 4.1.x for java 1.4 work?

I'm sure others have more informed opinions on this than I do.  I
personally can't think of a reason that we should need another java 1.4
release but it certainly is nice to have the option ... so I think it
would make sense to do the java 5 work in a 4.2 branch.  Although I have
to admit that I'm getting a little nervous at all the moving parts for
2.1.1.