geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Geronimo 2.1 samples - releases to date
Date Thu, 13 Mar 2008 18:51:55 GMT

We have never yet released artifacts for samples apart from those that
were released as part of a server release via plugins in 2.0.x
(jsp-examples, servlet-examples, and ldap-sample-app).  Since these
samples weren't included in the server svn they were not released as
part of the 2.1 server. We need to get this cleared for the 2.1.  In
fact, this unfinished 2.1 business is the only reason why I'm looking
into the whole samples area right now (even though I really should have
looked at it earlier).

The released 2.1 server has links to samples that are not released ...
hence broken links and a bad user experience.   BTW, there are also some
problems with this in 2.0.x ... I was able to install the jsp-examples
but not servlet-examples or the ldap-sample-app from the links on the
welcome page in a 2.0.2 image.  Perhaps this has never worked right
(even when they were released).

Joe