geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Geronimo 2.1 samples - Archetype
Date Thu, 13 Mar 2008 18:41:23 GMT
David Jencks wrote:

> On Mar 13, 2008, at 11:17 AM, Joe Bohn wrote:
>

>> The archetype needs to be documented in the wiki for 2.1+ if we intend
>> to encourage its use.  I assume that is still the case (please
>> speak-up otherwise).  BTW, I'm not sure what it would mean to release
>> the archetype.  It produces a jar but I'm not sure what it would be
>> used for.  Anybody have any opinions?
>
> The new (plugin and assembly) archetypes are documented:
>
> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GMOxDOC21/Constructing+a+special-purpose+server+using+maven
>
> If you have suggestions on how to document them better I'm all ears.
>  This is the best I could think of.

David,

I'm specifically talking about the archetype for the samples located
here:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/samples/branches/2.1/geronimo-samples-archetype/
not the plugin or assembly archetypes.

I'm really just listing things that I think we need to clear up before
we can release the 2.1 samples and trying to understand what it might
mean to release the samples archetype.

Joe