geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Geronimo 2.1 samples - branches
Date Thu, 13 Mar 2008 18:18:59 GMT

We have the following branches in samples:
- geronimo/samples/branches/1.0
    Newly added for the migration samples.  We'll see what happens with
this branch. We don't have the other 1.0 samples (were there any?)
checked in.

- geronimo/samples/branches/2.0
    This includes the samples for the 2.0.* server stream.  It includes
jsp-examples and servlet-examples but those are not the ones that we
released with the 2.0.x releases which are included with the server at

  We need to keep the branch but I'm wondering if we should remove the
jsp & servlet examples from it since the "real" copies are in the tagged
server svn repos.

- geronimo/samples/branches/2.0-M2
    I'm not sure why this branch is around. I think it was an initial
experiment for the archetype as it contains just that and the
calculator-stateless-pojo example.  I think this branch should be deleted.

- geronimo/samples/branches/2.1
    This was created when the 2.1 server was released.   We need this
for the 2.1 stream and I think we need to release this soon.  This
brings up another question ... Do we release the 2.1 samples (like we
did for server) and keep a branch for 2.1.x-SNAPSHOT or do we just
release the samples and assert that if something breaks the samples it
should not be included in a subsequent 2.1.x server release?

- geronimo/samples/trunk
    Current trunk for 2.2 (just like the server trunk).  Definitely need
to keep this and ensure that appropriate changes are reflected from 2.1.

View raw message