geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Geronimo 2.1 samples - branches
Date Thu, 13 Mar 2008 18:18:59 GMT

We have the following branches in samples:
- geronimo/samples/branches/1.0
    Newly added for the migration samples.  We'll see what happens with
this branch. We don't have the other 1.0 samples (were there any?)
checked in.

- geronimo/samples/branches/2.0
    This includes the samples for the 2.0.* server stream.  It includes
jsp-examples and servlet-examples but those are not the ones that we
released with the 2.0.x releases which are included with the server at
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/server/tags/2.0.2/applications/geronimo-examples.

  We need to keep the branch but I'm wondering if we should remove the
jsp & servlet examples from it since the "real" copies are in the tagged
server svn repos.

- geronimo/samples/branches/2.0-M2
    I'm not sure why this branch is around. I think it was an initial
experiment for the archetype as it contains just that and the
calculator-stateless-pojo example.  I think this branch should be deleted.

- geronimo/samples/branches/2.1
    This was created when the 2.1 server was released.   We need this
for the 2.1 stream and I think we need to release this soon.  This
brings up another question ... Do we release the 2.1 samples (like we
did for server) and keep a branch for 2.1.x-SNAPSHOT or do we just
release the samples and assert that if something breaks the samples it
should not be included in a subsequent 2.1.x server release?

- geronimo/samples/trunk
    Current trunk for 2.2 (just like the server trunk).  Definitely need
to keep this and ensure that appropriate changes are reflected from 2.1.