geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Erik B. Craig" <>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Geronimo 2.1 samples
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2008 14:58:21 GMT
I also am in agreement with David on this,
I think it would be a far better approach to not include them within
trunk. While it may be a bit more work to release them separately from
the actual server release, it would seem to be a big step backwards with
what we have been working on.
Perhaps we need a more thorough / checklist style release process to
ensure certain requisites are always met (I.E. samples are ready as well)

Erik B. Craig

David Jencks wrote:
> On Mar 12, 2008, at 7:12 AM, Joe Bohn wrote:
>> Donald Woods wrote:
>>> why not move the samples back under geronimo/server, so they are
>>> maintained and versioned with each release and can then be used as
>>> additional testsuite tests?  If not, releasing right after a server
>>> release is fine.
>> I was thinking about doing this.  It seems everybody thinks we should
>> release them together anyway so what is the real value with them
>> being split out?  Does anybody object to moving them back with the
>> server?
> well, since I thought our next goal with the server build was to
> separate it into independently released plugins, I think putting the
> samples in with the main server build would be a big step backwards.
> thanks
> david jencks
>> Joe

View raw message