geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: LDAP server in 2.1.1
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2008 21:52:18 GMT
Dan Becker wrote:
> Jason Warner wrote:
>> On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 3:03 PM, David Jencks <david_jencks@yahoo.com>
>> wrote:
>>> On Mar 5, 2008, at 11:41 AM, Jason Warner wrote:

> Thanks for the replies. Now we see the value of revisiting and
> validating the 2.1 docs (especially by a newcomer like me). I will
> update the wording of the doc to take in all the helpful hints.

Hi Dan,

Were you able to get this working using the 2.1 released server and the
plugin from branches/1.0?  I'm thinking that we probably need to release
a version of this directory plugin for Geronimo 2.1.  Most users aren't
going to want to build it locally and I don't see it listed when looking
at the plugins for 2.1 on http://geronimo.apache.org/plugins/geronimo-2.1/

I see that you updated the ldap-sample-app for 2.1 but it wasn't clear
to me how you installed the directory plugin.  You reference the svn for
branches/1.0 so should I assume that you built it locally?  Did it then
install on Geronimo 2.1 without modification?

Thanks,
Joe