geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Geronimo 2.1 samples
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2008 21:26:20 GMT
Viet Nguyen wrote:
<snip>

> These docs are generated through maven, so inclusion or exclusion of
> them it easy.

IIUC you are saying that the maven generation of the docs, etc.. into a
zip is already in place (one possible solution I mentioned earlier to
the zip file dilemma).  It looks like there is a start there .. but not
the whole thing.

I went out and took a look at the 2.0 version of "Creating a new sample"
(http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC20/creating-a-new-sample.html).  This is
not yet included in 2.1 (yet another item to address).  It looks like
there is a process to create the content initially.  However to update
and maintain that content and generate the zip is very much a manual
process (and a bit recursive ... copy the wiki to a file in svn and then
generate a zip and add it to the wiki content).

It would be great if we could automate this a bit more.  I think
including the wiki content in the zip, while providing some benefit, is
probably not worth the cost.  We have a hard enough time updating the
wiki let-alone extracting the content back into a file and checking it
into svn.  My vote would be that we drop the wiki content from svn and
any zip files we create.

Now I have to learn how the process described in wiki for creating a new
sample relates to the geronimo-sample-archetype in svn.

Thanks for the input

Joe