geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Geronimo 2.1 samples
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2008 19:08:43 GMT
Joe Bohn wrote:

> 3) Managing sample source.  IMO the only place we should maintain source
> for the samples is in svn.  I think Jarek managed to update all of the
> sample doc with references to the svn repo for each sample but I think
> there might be a place or two where we include a zip of the source in
> the wiki in addition to the SVN reference (at least I recall seeing some
> not too long ago).  I plan to hunt them out and remove those attachments
> where they are already checked into svn.

I deleted one reference to a sample source zip file in the wiki
(ldap-sample-app) and then thought I should check into this a little
more. :-)   I spoke with Hernan and he indicated that we should have the
zip files so that a user can download the source without having to
install SVN.  I can see the value in this but it is difficult to maintain.

One option would be to create a zip per sample in the maven build and
release them as additional artifacts along with the sample plugins,
jars, ears, wars, etc...  We could then reference the mirror locations
of these zip files in the wiki pages.

One other thing ... the zip file for the ldap sample seemed to contain
more than just the source - it also included docs, javadoc, even copies
of the wiki content.  The jms-mdb-sample has similar contents.  Does
anybody know how/why all of this is included in the zip and if it is
essential?

Joe