geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Hernan Cunico <hcun...@gmail.com>
Subject Geronimo v2.1 documentation status
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2008 22:35:36 GMT
Hi All,
I'm normally the one making the requests for contributions to the doc, asking for your help
and usually not too happy with the content we end up having.

Well, today it's a totally different scenario. I wanted to truly thank all of you contributing
to the project's documentation. There is a great deal of documents being created/updated daily,
to the point where it's hard to catch up with the updates. Ain't that great !? ;-)

In fact, given the volume and that we are not using JIRA for tracking docs ( and no, that
was not a proposal ;-) ), we had to come up with some alternative ways to keep track of what
we do so we don't overlap. We implemented a few tables on the 2.1 doc itself for identifying
content being moved from 2.0 as well as what new content was being developed. We have another
table on the Dev space that give us a perspective of what topics we have been covering throughout
all Geronimo releases.

We are not quite out of the bushes yet but, oh boy, we did come a very long way from 2.0 doc
and I wanted to take a min and thank everybody working on the doc.

    http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/ is truly a community effort. Great work everyone, lets
keep it coming!

And as usual comments, ideas and more contributions are very welcome !!! ( I couldn't resist
;-) )

Cheers!
Hernan