geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Erik B. Craig" <ecr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Geronimo 2.1 samples
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2008 17:34:24 GMT
Joe,

1. I agree on releasing samples collectively

2. My opinion on when to release is that they should be at the very
least concurrent with each release, if not slightly before. I believe
functional, relevant samples can help reduce barrier to entry.

3. As far as where to keep the source to the samples  -Definitely
within SVN

4. Mirrored versioning is a must.

5. Since we are really pushing the plugin format in general, it's
probably a good idea to have the samples themselves be in all plugin
format

Additionally - We need to figure a way to work in the migration
examples. Right now they exist only as .zip files attached to wiki
articles. I am working on putting the proper license/notice files in
them, as well as the asf headers.
There are a couple hitches though.
1. where to put them (I was thinking maybe just under samples/branches/
#/migration-<samplename>)
2. They are mostly made to be compiled with ant for ease of deploying
on either jboss or geronimo depending on the build - is this a problem
at all?

Thanks,
Erik B. Craig
ecraig@apache.org