geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: genesis and other subprojects
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2008 18:21:29 GMT

On Mar 6, 2008, at 1:05 AM, Jason Dillon wrote:

>> Which brings me to a question ... Why isn't genesis listed under
>> subprojects from our web site with some basic information about the
>> project?  What makes something an official "sub-project"?
>
> Because Genesis is *not* externally consumable, or rather not
> intended to be consumed by projects other than Geronimo... so we
> don't really want to advertise it.
>
> Make sense?  If not I can explain further.

I think Joe is hinting that we may want to be a bit more formal (more
complete) about our handling of subprojects. At present, it's
completely haphazard. I think there are subprojects which we should
document to some level (e.g. Yoko and specs). We could decide to
"document" them all. Some of this documentation may say "intended for
internal use only".

Thoughts?

--kevan