geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From remya <remyasan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: geronimo-web.xml for geronimo 2.0.1
Date Tue, 18 Mar 2008 18:07:31 GMT

Thanks a lot for the reply!

But, while creating our application, I am afraid we didn't follow such a
directory structure that is required by the <environment>, <moduleId> and
<artifactId>. So, using some values for these tags, provide with errors in
the deployment or while running the application. It is an already existing
application in tomcat, and we are planning to rebuild it into Geronimo 2.0.

Can you suggest what may help me here?

Thanks
Remya

Hernan Cunico wrote:

> Hi Remya,
> here are a couple of tips for understanding the deployment plans
>
> Schema documentation for geronimo-web.xml
> http://geronimo.apache.org/schemas-2.1/docs/geronimo-web-2.0.1.xsd.html
>
> If you want to try Geronimo 2.1 (which I would encourage you to do so) you
> can give a shot to the deployment plan wizard
> (http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/deployment-plan-wizard.html ). It will
> create a deployment plan for you at deployment time, if you are using
> annotations it's even easier!
>
> Back to your specific quesitons,  <environment>, <moduleId> and
> <artifactId>. These are how you uniquely identify your application (or any
> other resource) within Geronimo.
>
> <moduleId> encloses <groupId>, <artifactId>, <version> and <type>.
These