geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Geronimo 2.1.1 release
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2008 15:21:26 GMT

On Mar 12, 2008, at 8:04 AM, Joe Bohn wrote:

> David Jencks wrote:
>> There are a couple things I want to backport from trunk
>> - archetypes
>> - log4j app config gbean (would be good to find out if it works)
>> - ?
>> Also it would be great to use the genesis 1.4 if it ever gets
>> released.  On the other hand this might be too big a change....
>> we'll have to experiment.
>
> I assume you mean just upgrading to genesis 1.4 and not attempting
> to release using the maven-release-plugin ... right?  Is it a big
> change to move up to genesis 1.4 without changing the release process?

You get generated legal files included automatically unless you turn
them off (not sure how).  I"m not sure how realistic it is for 2.1.1
to use genesis 1.4 but.... it turns out the car plugin is finicky and
tends to pull in genesis 1.3 or earlier unless you do something
tricky with profiles.

thanks
david jencks