geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Lin Sun" <linsun....@gmail.com>
Subject [discuss] How do we improve the user experience of the geronimo server?
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2008 20:44:04 GMT
Hi,

I am interested in collecting ideas on how we can improve user
experience with the geronimo 2.x server, particularly, what type of
testing we can do for each geronimo major release to identify probs
and resolve them.

I think it would be nice to have a set of test (either automated or
manually) other than tck that we run to verify various functions in
geronimo for each major release.   Currently, we probably only run a
very small amount of testing other than tck, our automated testing
during the build and the few samples we have.

One thought is to add more test samples.   Seems to me people are
trying different things with geronimo server and most of the stuff
they tried are not covered by our samples.    Any ideas what other
samples may be good to work with geronimo?

The other thought is to grow test cases from our JIRA system or users.
  Encourage folks to attach/contribute their test cases.

Also, what g functions do folks think we need more testing?

Thanks, Lin