geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: Questions about using Gshell on a remote server instance
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2008 10:51:53 GMT
We might be able to open a port on localhost during startup, which
would only be used to provide status (like starting, started, shutting
down).  Then we wouldn't need to make a JMX connection to the server
at all.  Though if possible, a special anonymous system account with
limited proviledges for remote JMX would be more ideal... though I've
no idea if that is possible asis or if it would be easy to implement
if its not there.

Anyone have any other ideas?

--jason