geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Inclusion of MySQL in roller-mysql-database plugin
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2008 14:40:22 GMT
All,
I created a Jira to handle licensing issues involving the inclusion of
MySQL in the roller-mysql-database plugin. See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-3816

I've insured that we will no longer build the roller-mysql-database
plugin in our source code. However, there are multiple ways of
handling this problem. Would like to hear opinions from the project.
Ultimately, it's the PMC's responsibility to oversee the licensing of
our distributions and to oversee the way we handle dependencies on
artifacts that are covered by excluded licenses.

The ASF Licensing Policy (currently it's a draft policy, but I think
we should be following the guidelines documented there) are located
here -- http://www.apache.org/legal/3party.html

Discussion of how to handle Prohibited Works is here -- http://people.apache.org/~rubys/3party.html#options

Would be good for the project (in particular PMC) members to be
familiar with these issues. Would like to hear how we think we should
address this issue. As long as I feel the PMC is providing appropriate
oversight, I'm happy with what ever decision we reach.

--kevan