geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Geronimo Server 2.1 and Geronimo TxManager 2.1.1 Releases
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2008 00:20:09 GMT

On Feb 13, 2008, at 2:46 PM, Jarek Gawor wrote:
> -0.5.
>
> The bin/stop-server command ignores username/password values I provide
> and instead always uses the default credentials (system/manager).

OK. Well, that's not great, but neither is it a security exposure.
There's always shutdown.sh and the good old kill command. Personally,
I put this in a bug category...

While on the subject, gsh commands will be our preferred command
structure. Excepting geronimo.sh, I'd be in favor of removing the
deploy/startup/shutdown commands in our future releases.

> Also, looks like there is an unnecessary META-INF/ directory under the
> main installation directory.

K. We can look at that, next release.

--kevan