geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Constructing a special-purpose server using maven - Documention
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2008 20:35:52 GMT
I ran

  find . -name *archetype*

at the root of my not-completely-updated geronimo checkout and found
these, eliminating most branches and tags

samples/trunk/geronimo-samples-archetype

sandbox/restructure/maven-plugins/testsuite-archetype-plugin

server/trunk/buildsupport/geronimo-assembly-archetype
server/trunk/buildsupport/geronimo-plugin-archetype
server/trunk/buildsupport/testsuite-archetype-plugin

My main conclusion is that the norm is that when someone finishes
some work in a sandbox or branch and merges it into trunk or releases
a server version, they don' t clean up after themselves so we get
infinite numbers of copies of dead code.

My second conclusion is that we've found all the archetypes.

thanks
david jencks