geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <>
Subject Release Roller plugin soon?
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2008 17:32:55 GMT
Now that 2.1 is released (I think :-)  I'd like to move toward
releasing the Roller plugin pretty soon.

The major obstacle I know of is that the source of the roller war
used as input is rather mysterious and is certainly not released by
roller.  I can build it locally but I've forgotten what roller
modifications if any are in it.

I'm not exactly happy with the idea but think the most practical
solution is to check any necessary roller patch and the built war
into svn.  I don't know if we could convince the roller project to
release maven-compatible artifacts in a reasonable amount of time.

Another possible improvement is to remove the jars from WEB-INF/lib
and put them into our repository.  This would greatly reduce the size
of the war we'd have to keep in svn.

Does anyone else want improvements before we release?

david jencks

View raw message