geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Geronimo Server 2.1 and Geronimo TxManager 2.1.1 Releases
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2008 17:18:42 GMT

On Feb 15, 2008, at 9:07 AM, Kevan Miller wrote:

> On Feb 15, 2008, at 11:46 AM, Jarek Gawor wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Feb 15, 2008 at 10:44 AM, Kevan Miller
>> <kevan.miller@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>

>>> On Feb 15, 2008, at 10:12 AM, Jarek Gawor wrote:
>>> Looks like I sent this to the wrong thread:
>>>
>>> This is about: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-3855
>>>
>>> Hmm this seems bad. I was able to reproduce the problem on port 8443
>>> only but _all_ portlets failed in this way. So the console is pretty
>>> much unusable on port 8443. Can somebody else verify these findings?
>>>
>>> Yep. Looks like a bug. Don't see this as a security exposure. So,
>>> not sure
>>> why you want to discuss here.
>>>
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-3855 would seem
>>> like the
>>> appropriate location to work on getting this fixed. Do you disagree?
>>
>> But, IMHO, this is not just a bug it is a major bug where one of the
>> important pieces of Geronimo functionality is simply not working on
>> port 8443. Personally, I would have voted -1 on the release if I
>> realized the full scope of this bug sooner. But maybe that's just
>> me..
>> so I would like to know what other people think about this
>> problem. If
>> it's just me, that's fine. If not, maybe we should consider
>> withdrawing the release. Although the admin console is working
>> fine on
>> port 8080 and maybe that's good enough.
>
> Sounds like a 2.1.1 fix to me. Will look to hear from others...

I'm OK with fixing this in 2.1.1.  Did this work in 2.0.2?  Can
anyone see a way to run our console-testsuite twice, on http:8080 and
https:8443?

I think it would also be good if we could provide a runtime
configuration option so the console could only be accessed with https:
8443 and possibly on a specific host or virtual host.  I'm not sure
how to do this without changing the web.xml however.

thanks
david jencks