geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Confluence admin needed to set up snippet urls
Date Sat, 16 Feb 2008 16:52:06 GMT

On Feb 16, 2008, at 6:01 AM, Dan Becker wrote:

> David Blevins wrote:
>> On Feb 15, 2008, at 9:24 AM, David Jencks wrote:
>>> I think we should work hard to make the documentation reference
>>> live svn content using the snippet plugin.  However my initial
>>> attempts
>>> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GMOxDOC21/Plugin
>>> +infrastructure
>> Created another simple example here:
>> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GMOxSBOX/Snippet+Example
>
> I think the pages look great, and the mix of docs and actual
> snippets from the repos is fantastic.
>
> However, a few small formatting issues. It seems confluence wiki
> formats ALL the snippet blocks to the longest line of code on the
> page. On David Jencks' page, there is a huge line in the deploy/
> assemble command that makes all the code blocks ultra-wide in
> Firefox 2.0 and IE 7.0. Also it seems the white and gray
> backgrounds have a style problem when you scroll out to the right.
>
> Perhaps we should check if the snippet plugin can break long lines
> for reading purposes?

These are definitely problems, but I don't think wrapping the lines
for reading purposes will be very good because it will give a
distorted impression of what the script has to look like.  I think
the best would be if we could do something like line continuations in
the script, but when I tried this it didn't work.  Maybe there is
some easy way to get gshell to interpret "\" like bash?

(actually only the first block is a snippet.... working on fixing
that now)

thanks
david jencks