geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release the specs
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2008 05:24:30 GMT

On Jan 31, 2008, at 6:34 PM, Guillaume Nodet wrote:

> I have tagged and uploaded a new set of the specs jars for review:
>   http://people.apache.org/~gnodet/staging/specs-1.4
> The tag is available at
>   https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/specs/tags/specs-1.4
>
> All the jars, source and javadocs should contain the legal files, the
> resources have been fixed in the jsp spec and the servlet legal
> files have been updated with w3c license.
> Please double check and vote:
>
> [ ] +1 Release the specs
> [ ] -1 Do not release those specs (another problem ?)

Guillaume,
We should not be releasing the jaspi spec. So happens, it also has a
problem with the src license headers. I've fixed the jaspi src in
trunk. But jaspi should be removed from tags and should not be
released. FYI, we'll be removing jaspi-related code from 2.1 after we
create the 2.1 server branch.

I'm surprised to see the skipped version numbers and different format
in the tags directory for the new releases. However, src and binaries
look good. Assuming the new binaries pass tck and the jaspi spec is
deleted, I'm +1.

--kevan