geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo in year 2008
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2008 13:04:22 GMT

On Feb 20, 2008, at 5:31 AM, Shiva Kumar H R wrote:

> On Feb 16, 2008 8:30 AM, Jacek Laskowski <jacek@laskowski.net.pl>
> wrote:
> On Feb 15, 2008 1:30 AM, Shiva Kumar H R <shivahr@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > GEP Task https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/
> GERONIMODEVTOOLS-278 is
> > created for this. We can use this, as well as IRC chats & dev-list
> mails,
> > for collaborating!
>
> Please use dev@geronimo for any important stuff around it. I'd be glad
> to learn a bit about Eclipse plugin development following your
> conversations. Okey?
> I have generally found discussions on IRC leading to quicker &
> better understanding of problems. All discussions on #geronimo get
> logged in http://servlet.uwyn.com/drone/log/bevinbot/geronimo/
> yyyymmdd and I typically paste those links into relevant JIRAs. So
> no discussions are lost. Now duplicating this effort by again
> posting mails on dev-list would be very time consuming :(

Shiva,
Duplicating info from IRC onto our dev list may be a bit time
consuming for you, but not for the community... Jacek is right.

IRC conversations are certainly fast and convenient. However, they
aren't read by everyone. People that are not online aren't given a
chance to participate. Any significant discussions that occur on IRC
should be reitereated on our dev list. Even Jira's are not read by
everyone...

--kevan